Werewolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Werewolf

A forum for hosting the parlor game Werewolf.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing

+2
Snail
The Mayor
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Empty Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:29 am

The Mayor

The Mayor
Narwhal

My fellow citizens of Overflow's Lookout...
It is with great difficulty I bring you the following message.

Sherriff McKinley is dead. And not just your average killing. His body wouldn’t have been recognizable if it weren’t for the uniform. He was torn to pieces and partially eaten. Partially EATEN. Now I’ve heard of things like these, and brought in an investigator just to rule out any crazy possibilities. As it would turn out, what we feared the most has been realized.
Werewolves. The investigator and myself counted up to four sets of tracks, but there could have easily been five or more. These ‘men’ seemed to have finished their meal and deposited the body in the woods. However, following a trail of dribbling blood led us right back to the Sherriff’s house, where everything was in order minus an unlocked door. No windows were broken and there were no signs of a forced entry. This tells us that the late sheriff probably let the murderers in himself. Meaning, the wolves, or at least the first one he let in, was someone he TRUSTED.
Now, this news is obviously disturbing. It is for this reason that myself and my small staff have relocated to the bomb shelter down the road. We have an armed guard near the entrance, and anyone approaching will be viewed as dangerous and shot on site. Do NOT attempt to visit the bunker. In addition, we have two armed men walking around the perimeter of the city. Anyone attempting to leave the city will be viewed as a wolf attempting to escape, and will be SHOT ON SIGHT.
Sheriff McKinley was the law. Now that he’s dead, law belongs to the popular majority. Myself and my staff will be watching from a safe distance. It is up to you, the townspeople, to sniff out the traitors, try them, and punish them as you see fit. In the day, you are permitted to hang one person, who, by popular majority, is viewed as a traitor. At night, I advise you all lock your doors and accept no guests. My guess is that the wolves will move at night. Surviving this ordeal will require wits and caution. Use them both.
Our investigator told us that a werewolf’s body will show itself when it dies. That the hair will grow out and the fangs protrude as life’s breath passes their lips. If an innocent villager is hung, they’re a tragic loss, yet a loss in necessity. The sheriff was a good friend of mine, and I won’t let the killers get away unscathed. However, be warned. Should the werewolves outnumber or even come close to the number of safe townspeople alive, I fear they may overwhelm the remainder of you innocents. It is with this warning that I urge you all to be smart in who you hang. You are the law now. Use your powers wisely.
There is no escape from the ’ole Lookout other than death or smoking out the wolves. Trust nobody and act with volition. With these words, I wish you all the best of luck, and may God be with you in these trying times.

Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Welcom10

2Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:42 am

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

*applause*
No regrets for letting you host.

http://thatsnail.blogspot.com/

3Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:46 am

Jman

Jman
Narwhal

So............epic............................... Shocked

4Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:18 am

WowzerAnne

WowzerAnne
Narwhal

We'll try not to let you down, The Mayor.
*salutes*

5Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 am

Zed Di Dragon

Zed Di Dragon
Narwhal

Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing N121391_citizen%20kane%20clap

6Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 am

RayofLight010

RayofLight010
Narwhal

I approve of this message.

7Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2 - Briefing Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:09 pm

The Mayor

The Mayor
Narwhal

Among the late sheriff's possessions were sealed letters that he intended to send out, and he had one addressed to nearly every citizen present. These letters were just handed to one of our guards here at the shelter to go deliver to the town. The contents of these letters is unknown, as they are still sealed. Once you all have received your letters, we will consider that the beginning of this whole ordeal, and justice will begin. Chose wisely who you lynch but don't only act on suspicion. I wish you all the best of luck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum