Werewolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Werewolf

A forum for hosting the parlor game Werewolf.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round 1: Overview

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Round 1: Overview Empty Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Day 1 - Game starts.
The game starts off with Jman pointing at MrCarter "randomly," which really would've screwed the wolves over if he died. MrCarter was the Devil, and without him the Beast and the only other wolf would've been lost in the dark for a while.

He isn't though; Zed Di Dragon decided to vote against the kid. Jman changes his vote and joins him, and then the whole thing boils over.

Favorite (in the mason network with the kid and another guy Kuph) votes against Zed Di Dragon to save the kid, who comes online and also votes for him. RayofLight010 joins in, votes the kid. Jman changes his vote again for Zed Di Dragon.

Zed Di Dragon: 3
the kid: 2

LSP (the wolf) points at Jman, which doesn't really affect anything. Another vote for Zed Di Dragon by Elmo.

Zed Di Dragon: 4
the kid: 2
Jman: 1

Here, Favorite asks Zed Di Dragon to PM him if he's an innocent, and LSP encourages everyone to kill Jman. This brings them both some exposure for the worse. Favorite's attempt to network all of the villagers is sort of like him holding a target over his head for the wolves during the night cycle. Meanwhile the thread turns into everyone scrutinizing LSP to why she wants Jman dead so badly.

A few more votes against Zed Di Dragon come in. Once he realizes that he's dead, he sacrifices himself, telling everyone first that he was a standard villager and then saying how Favorite and the kid are in league. Good advice, and he was completely accurate in that respect. I talked to him as the game went on and it turns out he was a goddamn prophet that no one listened to. Shame he got lynched the first round.

And then Favorite does a really suicidal bluff, saying that him and other people have been sharing passwords to validate their identities. Me and a few others wtf openly, but he apologized to everyone and said he was kidding. And then, another post by Favorite:

"HOWL! Sorry I had some human flesh stuck in my throat."

Or in other words,

"Hey I'm a wolf, lynch me!"

That target he held over his head earlier now has a bullseye on it, with successive rings and point values for each one. He later explained that he was just livening up the game a bit, to lure in all the people that haven't been posting. Which was nice of him, really, but totally detrimental.

Now here's the interesting part: apparently Favorite has been trying to network all of the villagers. He and Jman exchanged screenshots of their PMs, so they're both 100% sure of their identities (quick recap: Favorite is a mason and Jman is a standard villager). Interesting here is that Favorite's screenshot included the other two masons, Kuph and the kid. If Jman was a wolf, he would've blew the cover for himself and two other teammates. Was a risky move but it paid off for them.

Something really clever that I neglected to mention: somewhere in this time, Favorite changed his icon to an image. Reverse image-searching it (with tineye) suggested that the image was a symbol for the Mason network (the real-life, historical one). He was hinting to the other villagers that he was a mason. Elmo caught this and told me. That's seriously awesome.

Last edited by Snail on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://thatsnail.blogspot.com/

2Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Night 1 - FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I don't remember anything too well because everyone was sending in all of their stuff at the same time but I hope I got this right.

Elmo (the scry) plans to figure out if Jman and the masons are lying or not by telling markmarkadam (the baner) to pose as the scry and tell them the baner doesn't trust them enough to let his identity be known. This would allow markmarkadam to feed information to them and receive some in return without threatening Elmo. However, markmarkadam later told PartJoker (the Beast) the scry and baner, and that he didn't trust Jman, so PartJoker encouraged Jman to lynch markmarkadam the next Day cycle. He also convinced markmarkadam that the kid was the Devil and Jman was the Beast, as they were both public and interconnected early in the game. Except, it was found that markmarkadam showed PartJoker the PM for his baner assignment, and therefore there'd be no reason for PartJoker to turn against markmarkadam unless he was a wolf, prompting an anti-PartJoker movement. Elmo told markmarkadam to change his bane to himself (Elmo) in the case that he was assassinated (as being the scry, he was more important than the baner at the moment). Which was good, because PartJoker decided to attack Elmo and scry RayOfLight010, a player that's been relatively inactive for the time being. LSP votes for Favorite, so if the situation stays as it is, the bane will work successfully and the Beast might be going to the gallows the second day in.

Also just noticed that markmarkadam showing PartJoker the scry and baner was a trap; if one of them suddenly died, they'd know PartJoker was a wolf.

I'm writing this as it happens so I don't really know.

Elmo scries Favorite, which comes back falsely that he is a wolf, casting doubt throughout the networks. (In fact, Zed Di Dragon told Elmo exactly to /not/ scry Favorite in case that happened; he was right). However Jman is completely sure of Favorite's mason-ness so it's all confusing and Elmo can't decide whether or not he can trust Jman. Two groups form, between Jman and the masons against Elmo and markmarkadam, which is interesting because with the exception of Jman both groups consist of all special villagers.

So the final plan? Try to lynch PartJoker next day, and bane Elmo, while PartJoker assassinates Elmo and scries RayOfLight010.

We'll see how this ends up.

3Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Day 2 - Goodbye Beast?

Elmo was assassinated. He was a Scry. And not a minute later:

"WTF Kill Partjoker!!!"

3 votes pile onto PartJoker, with PartJoker pointing at Jman. LSP, the lone wolf, points at Jman but changes her vote to PartJoker, to push more negativity at Jman later on and gain credibility.

Elmo, even while dead, came up with a plan. He will use his baner (markmarkadam) to spy on Jman, allying with him. markmarkadam will ask Jman who to bane, and feign obedience. However, in reality he will bane someone else who they think is more important. If Jman is a wolf and attempts to kill the most important person (whom they baned), they will find out when the attack is blocked, and Jman will be revealed to be the wolf.

More votes up against PartJoker. He pushes more doubt onto Jman, which may be a mistake as once he is lynched, Jman will have credibility, solidifying the network between the masons and late-scry/baner.

Very clever. However it looks like PartJoker is going to the gallows. We'll see.

PartJoker dies. Surprise!

4Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Night 2 - Meh
Nothing happens. Markmarkadam banes himself and LSP hits him. He lives. People speculate on whether he was baned or the wolves didn't vote. Nothing interesting. Night cycles are so boring.

Last edited by Snail on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Day 3 - Horrendously awesome bluff
Jman starts a hesitant bandwagon against LSP. 4 votes build up onto it until LSP directs it at MrCarter (the Devil). Makes sense because he was away throughout the entire round, and as a late-game scry he was pretty much useless. Jman takes the bait and MrCarter gains the lead.

Then at a random luck shot, a mislead markmarkadam redirects it to T.V.Face due to his assumption that I wouldn't choose someone on vacation to be the Devil. He seems to have forgotten that the Beast chooses the Devil, not the moderator. Eh, no one notices.

LSP: 3
MrCarter: 1
T.V.Face: 3

Kuph miscounts the votes or something, saying LSP is in the lead when in fact they are tied (although T.V.Face reached the 3 votes first and so was going to be lynched anyhow). I post in the forum, clarifying the number of votes against each person. Favorite changes his vote from MrCarter to T.V.Face:

LSP: 3
T.V.Face: 4

And that's the end. T.V.Face is lynched and discovered to be a Villager.

Now someone please tell me how that bluff worked that's so awesome. Switched from a regular wolf to the Devil to a random villager that's never even voted. How.

6Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Night 3 - THE KID :0 noooo
Markmarkadam predictably banes himself. LSP votes for the least likely mason to be baned, the kid. He dies. Kuph is upset :'(

7Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Day 4 - Random villager blunder?
A small bandwagon against LSP forms before Elmo posts from the dead on how Jman is very likely the last wolf, due to Day 1 where both the wolf and the Beast aligned to kill Elmo.

Jman's bandwagon grows. Notably, Favorite (a mason) points at Jman. Not sure why.

More interesting though is the strategy the wolves have made. The following people are left:

Jman | VILLAGER
MrCarter | DEVIL
RayofLight010 | VILLAGER
LSP | WOLF
markmarkadam | BANER
Favorite | MASON
Kuph | MASON

The idea is to lynch Jman and then kill the baner overnight, who will, after having led a bad bandwagon and having had a mason killed the previous night, will bane someone other than himself to help his team more. With him gone, the following will be left:

MrCarter | DEVIL
RayofLight010 | VILLAGER
LSP | WOLF
Favorite | MASON
Kuph | MASON

The next day, LSP will start a bandwagon on MrCarter. If the villagers go off on a tangent and lynch RayofLight010, then that's it, the wolves win. If the more likely case happens and they lynch LSP, then MrCarter will look even more innocent. Overnight, he assassinates Favorite (by sending his vote in early, since he won't have wifi) and will vote for RayofLight010 the next day (also by sending it in early). Kuph, who trusts MrCarter more than RayofLight010, will probably vote with him and the wolves will win.

If the opposite happens and LSP's bandwagon against MrCarter succeeds, then MrCarter will be lynched. Once he is proven to be the Devil, LSP will gain credibility. Enough that when she assassinates Kuph the next day, Favorite (who trusts LSP) will vote with her against RayofLight010, and the wolves will also win.

It all depends, however, on markmarkadam not baning himself. For this, PartJoker will "vote" in the Graveyard, saying how he thinks Favorite will die overnight, hoping the deceased Elmo will see it, relay it to markmarkadam, and make him bane Favorite.

It's a very neat strategy. Would like to see how it all unfolds.

8Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Night 4 - Pff
Markmarkadam banes himself, wolves vote for Markmarkadam. Assassination blocked. Good decision.

And someone named esque signed on and posted saying how I told them LSP was a wolf. It was a bluff of some sort; I didn't tell them (I didn't even know who they were at the time).

Last edited by Snail on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Day 5 - Wolf lynched
LSP is lynched after like having cheated death for pretty much half the game. Looks like RayofLight010 is going to get lynched next, and then it depends on MrCarter to choose his assassination targets wisely.

If MrCarter successfully kills a mason (Favorite preferably, as Kuph seems convinced of MrCarter's villager status), and RayofLight010 gets lynched, that leaves markmarkadam (the baner), Kuph (a mason), and MrCarter. From there it's a 50/50 chance for MrCarter to assassinate someone and hope it's not blocked. Otherwise unless the villagers are majorly drunk, they'll lynch MrCarter next day.

Personally I'd assassinate Favorite next night, then the one after that I'd hit markmarkadam. Seems like a perfect time for him to switch bane targets, as he is no longer the most important player at that point.

Night 5 begins. I shortened it because the baner already baned himself and we're just waiting on MrCarter now.

Sometime around here he got wifi while on a train and told me all of his proxy votes. Basically a bunch of "if then" statements, and if this thing happened, vote for this person on whichever day. He was inactive for the rest of it.

10Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Night 5 - Blärg
Markmarkadam baned himself. The wolves hit Kuph. He dieded.

11Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Day 6 - Random Number Generator?
The vote's split between RayofLight010 and MrCarter. RayofLight010 uses a random number generator (probably the funniest thing that's happened all game) and points at MrCarter. MrCarter submitted a proxy-vote ahead of time to point at RayofLight010, which I submitted in his place. Everyone else bandwagon'd RayofLight010, and he died. Bad choice, ouch.

12Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Night 6 - 50/50 Chance
Markmarkadam sent in his bane early, and then MrCarter's proxy-vote stated that if the "last wolf dies" (LSP), then on Night 6, hit Favorite. So I registered that for him. Markmarkadam baned himself, and the assassination went through.

Victory to the wolves.

That's hilarious, I wasn't expecting them to win at all with 6 well-connected villagers at the start of the game.

Right. Onto post-mortem. Goodnight.

13Round 1: Overview Empty Re: Round 1: Overview Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:50 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

Epilogue
Some final comments.

If we play this again, we need more wolves than masons. Or at least with a game this small, we do. Really the wolves just got extremely lucky, being unable to bluff the baner/scry and mason networks.

Most aggressive play goes to PartJoker for finding out all the positions so early (sacrificing himself in the process).
Most logical goes to Elmo.
Greatest bluffs goes to LSP.
Most unique playstyle goes to Favorite.
Most unexpected tactic goes to Rayoflight010 (lol random number generator).
Most accurate goes to Jman.
Most psychic goes to MrCarter.

Great work to everyone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum